Friday, December 18, 2009

It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!

It's Christmas time! And I for one, could not be happier about this. I just love Christmas. The lights, the snow, the snuggling... it's all so romantic. Not to mention it's another wonderful excuse to be with those you love. What more could you ask for? Well, besides the itouch I've secretly been dying for.. the only other things I think I may want are some holiday treats. This house has been a candy shop the past few days and my waist line is the growing proof. We've made everything from white chocolate covered Oreo balls, to chocolate covered raisins, and even this new recipe we found for a delicious Pecan Toffee candy. I cannot wait to hand these out as gifts simply so I can stop chowing down every day. I will post a few recipes later this afternoon, I can't seem to find them at the moment!


Speaking of gifts, I have miraculously managed to have all of my Christmas shopping DONE before Christmas eve this year. This in itself deserves a reward! I have always been a procrastinator, something I'm not particularly proud of, but not this year! In years before I've struggled finding the right gifts for everyone but this year it seemed so simple. Everywhere I went I seemed to find the ONE gift I'd been looking for. It's such a relief to know I don't have to go out into the madness and search endlessly with all of the other procrastinators.


Tonight I am lucky enough to enjoy a gift I actually received for my birthday. Two tickets to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I have been in love with their music for years now and have been dying to see them. I've heard they put on a fantastic show! So the fact that I am FINALLY getting to see them tonight is beyond thrilling. I've been bouncing around all day as if I have consumed large amounts of sugar because I am THAT excited! Not only do I get to enjoy a fantastic show, but also an AWESOME dinner before hand. Abuelo's it is! I can taste the sangria already! What an awesome date night. Do I have the best boyfriend or what?? If he knew I said that he'd shoot me. So enough of that!
I hope everyone is experiencing the same "Christmas cheer" that is going around in my family! 'Tis the season to remember It's A Wonderful Life and I, for one, and thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment