Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rest and Relaxation

So today was one of those exhausting days at work that leave you feeling completely drained. Besides the fact that I worked from 9-6, it was a "nothing can go right" type of day. Needless to say I'm thankful to be home! Relaxation is something that hasn't been coming easy for me lately. School and work have been keeping me extremely busy. I go to class from 9am-730pm Monday through Thursday and then I work 8 hours a day Friday through Sunday. And lately I'm feeling like I have very little "me" time, or even time for my friends and family. Just the other day my mom commented on how she felt like she hadn't seen me in days. I'm someone who HATES to miss fun things. I don't like to feel left out. So not being able to go out with my friends because of my "responsibilities" drives me crazy! I think they might be getting frustrated with me as well. How many times can you ask someone to go out with you, only to be turned down, before you quit asking? I think they've reached that point. I don't blame them. Tonight, a Saturday night, is going to consist of studying and going to bed early.



On a lighter note, I've started reading The Shack. I have to admit I love to read and it's really hard for me to NOT enjoy a book. But this one is special already. It's one of those books that grip you from the beginning. If you haven't heard of it, it's a story about a man's struggle with his faith. His daughter is kidnapped while on a family vacation and never found again. As you can imagine that would make any parent's life turn upside down. Four years after the accident occurs he recieves a note apparently from God, inviting him back to the shack where the evidence that his daughter may have been murdered was found. Against his better judgement he goes and what follows is an amazing story that just may change the way you view the struggles in your own life. I definitely suggest it! I already know it will soon be on my list of favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment